University Builder: Edgar Odell Lovett And The Founding Of The Rice Institute
Rice University, one of America's preeminent institutions of higher education, grew out of the vision, direction, and leadership of one man: Edgar Odell Lovett (1871--1957). This updated edition of University Builder tells the fascinating story of an extraordinary educator and the unique school he created. Released in conjunction with the centennial anniversary of Rice University, John Boles's book provides both a compelling biographical narrative and a refreshing new view of American higher education in the first half of the twentieth century.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB North Lamar
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Louisiana State Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780807145203
- ISBN: 0807145203
- Publication Year: 2012
- Edition: Updated