University Of Toledo
In 1872, Jesup W. Scott donated 160 acres of land to serve as an endowment for the Toledo University of Arts and Trades. Unfortunately, the university failed in its early years but was resurrected in 1884 by Scott's three sons, who gave the remaining assets to the City of Toledo to create a manual training school. By 1909, the institution was becoming a full-fledged university but struggled financially and did not have a permanent home. That changed in 1931 with the construction of the Bancroft Street campus, including the iconic University Hall, built in the Collegiate Gothic style. The University of Toledo remained a municipally supported university until 1967, when it joined Ohio's higher education system. In 2006, the University of Toledo merged with the former Medical College of Ohio, a state-supported institution founded in 1964. Today, the University of Toledo serves 20,000 students in degree programs as varied as medicine, law, engineering, business, education, pharmacy, nursing, and liberal arts.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Arcadia Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781467127240
- ISBN: 1467127248
- Publication Year: 2017