Up From Slavery
Perhaps no other African-American leader has excited a wider range of emotional and intellectual response as Booker T. Washington. Esteemed for his tireless efforts to create opportunities for his oppressed brothers and sisters, renounced for his willingness work with and even seek the favor of their former oppressors, he never lost sight of his goals. Through the tumultuous years of the Civil Rights Movement, it was Frederick Douglass, W.E.B. Du Bois, and other great minds of their era not Booker T. Washington whose words and deeds were called upon. But in his time, Booker T. Washington brought hope, self-respect, and unprecedented achievements for countless individuals who had never before dared dream for them. From nothing, he built the great institution that sent thousands into the population as skilled workers, teachers, scientists, and leaders of all men and women that eventually produced the famed Tuskegee Airmen of World War II that today, over a century later, is one of the leading universities of the South. UP FROM SLAVERY is the title of his book it has also, for many American generations, been the legacy of his lifework.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781490553733
- ISBN: 1490553738
- Publication Year: 2013