Vegetation Of The Soviet Polar Deserts
This is a translation of Vera Aleksandrova's classic book, first published in Russian, which characterizes the vegetation of this rather special botanical region. Much important botanical research concerned with Arctic ecology is carried out in the Soviet Union, but is seldom available in English. Dr Aleksandrova's book is based on her own extensive research in the northern areas of the Soviet Arctic. Dividing the high Arctic into areas based on the characteristics of their vegetation, the book presents a probing analysis of the ecology of such regions worldwide. After describing the general characteristics, geographic and climatic, of this latitude, the book discusses in more detail the region's peculiarities of soil and microclimate, followed by an analysis of the plant community.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521329989
- ISBN: 0521329981
- Publication Year: 1988