Velocity Of Sound
Velocity of Sound lives up to its title. The album hurries past, a flurry of energetic beats and nasal vocals that suggest the Chipmunks on a caffeine buzz. Each song is tight and compressed; no superfluous notes slop out, and even the guitar solos seem whittled down to the minimum. With two new members in the band, the core of the Apples in Stereo remains Robert Schneider, whose lyrics possess a guileless charm. ("Your friends hate my guts," he cheerfully announces at the top of "That's Something I Do.") Even when promising that he has a dagger in his hand, on "Do You Understand?," the impact is earnest and innocent, like a kid hustling candy on Halloween. Retro touches lighten the weight of the snarling guitars, with loopy organ doodles on "Better Days" and a harmonic counterpoint on "Baroque" that harks all the way back to Harpers Bizarre. The result throughout Velocity of Sound is an impression of the Apples in Stereo as introductory ironists, non-threatening to kids and parents, accessible and enjoyable to all. ~ Robert L. Doerschuk, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Schaumburg
- Seller rating:
- Label: SpinART Records (USA)
- UPC: 750078010028