The Very Best Of Otis Williams And His Charms: Ivory Tower
Otis Williams & the Charms were purveyors of fine, primitive R&B-influenced doo wop in the '50s. Their biggest pop hit was 1954's "Hearts of Stone" (later given the dubious honor of being covered by Pat Boone), but they also struck gold with "Ivory Tower" and the super cool and not very P.C. "Ling, Ting Tong." The 25 tracks on Collectables' The Very Best of Otis Williams and His Charms are all solid gold doo wop, some of the best being the rollicking Leiber & Stoller-penned "Bazoom (I Need Your Lovin')," a bopping cover of Patsy Cline's "Walkin' After Midnight," the peppy "Dynamite Darling," and the achingly sweet "Could This Be Magic." Anyone who digs the Coasters should be sure to investigate these guys, because they share the same lighthearted charm (if not the same overall quality). This is also the best collection on the market for the group, gathering up all their best songs in a well-sequenced presentation with fine sound quality to boot. ~ Tim Sendra, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Collectables
- UPC: 090431287323