The Very Best Of Peter, Paul And Mary [Warner/Rhino] [Slipcase]
Peter, Paul and Mary (Peter Yarrow, Paul Stookey, and Mary Travers), did more to bring the 1960s folk revival safely into the homes of the American public than any other artists of the day. Their songs had a decided leftist political edge, but were gentle and easy enough to invade AM radio, where their natural, infectious singalong style gave the trio several dignified hits, including "Lemon Tree," "If I Had a Hammer," "Puff, the Magic Dragon," "Blowin' in the Wind," and two hits from the very end of the decade, "I Dig Rock and Roll Music" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane." All are collected here, along with fine versions of "All My Trials," "Tell It on the Mountain," "500 Miles," and Gordon Lightfoot's beautiful "Early Mornin' Rain." Although they will forever be associated with the folk movement, Peter, Paul and Mary's material plays surprisingly well after all these years, and while their earnest sincerity can get annoying in large doses, this collection plays just about right. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Greenfield
- Seller rating:
- Label: Rhino (Label)
- UPC: 081227316129