Vinyl: The Analogue Record In The Digital Age
'"The last few years have seen not just a revival but a rebirth of the analogue record. Much more than merely a nostalgic craze, vinyl has become a cultural icon. While vinyl never ceased to be the key format for many music lovers and DJs, for two decades the recording industry perceived it as outdated, consigned to dusty domestic spaces and obscure record shops. Yet the seemingly obsolete vinyl has become the fastest growing medium in music sales. Using a cultural sociology framework combined with insights from material and visual culture studies, Dominik Bartmanski and Ian Woodward present vinyl as a multifaceted cultural object and explore the reasons for its persistence within technologically accelerated cultures. The book is informed by media analysis, urban ethnography and interviews with musicians, DJs, record store owners, boutique label chiefs and collectors within a range of urban centres renowned for thriving music scenes, including Melbourne, London, New York, Tokyo and Berlin"--Provided by publisher.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Academic
- ISBN-13: 9780857856180
- ISBN: 0857856189
- Publication Year: 2015