The Carter Family, Vol. 2: 1935 1941 [Box]
British label JSP offers another of their fine budget collections on The Carter Family, Vol. 2: 1935-1941. On 129 songs collected on five CDs, this second volume in the series gives a complete overview of the first family of country music's later years. Legendary songs like "Can the Circle Be Unbroken," "Keep on the Sunny Side," "No Depression," "Single Girl, Married Girl," and "I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes" are all represented, and the sound quality is slightly more even than on the first JSP box, The Carter Family: 1927-1934. Essentially, anyone who can pull together the 60 dollars or so that it would take to own both sets will have not only virtually every Carter Family studio recording, but also a valuable archive of the roots of American music. ~ Zac Johnson, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Anderson Mill
- Seller rating:
- Label: JSP (UK)
- UPC: 788065770822