Waiting At The Gate: Creativity & Hope In The Nursing Home
Here is the result of over ten years of hands-on clinical experience by two experts wha have worked with the elderly. The authors explore the contributions of the creative arts therapies, specifically movement and drama therapy, to the individual and communal welfare of residents in nursing homes. Waiting at the Gate: Creativity and Hope in the Nursing Home eloquently demonstrates how movement and drama therapy facilitate the preservation of life, of meaning, and of hope by seeking the beautiful and playful aspects of the self, and valuing humor, flexibility, and spontaneity in relationships with others. The authors show how these values challenge the waiting to die phenomenon of the custodial nursing home and offer lively alternatives to the resident in the new institution of the 1990s.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780866567107
- ISBN: 0866567100
- Publication Year: 1987