The images represented in this suite are based on my personal experiences, while I served in Vietnam as Combat Artist. Some of the images literally depict what I actually witnessed and experienced; however, others symbolize something I felt about a particular experience or collective experiences, events I could not simply and adequately express in a naturalistic (photographic) way. This more expressive approach to creating imagery was characteristic of those artists of the German Expressionist movement and from whom I have inherited my own personal style of imagery, especially through the medium of the woodcut print. Those artists whose work I am particularly attracted to and inspired by, such as Erich Heckel, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Karl Schmidt-Rottluff, and Max Beckmann, were themselves subjected to the horrors of war during World War I. Consequently, I find a kinship with them and their style of expression.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Stephen F Austin Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781936205134
- ISBN: 1936205130
- Publication Year: 2011