What To Do With Your Psychology Degree: The Essential Career Guide For Psychology Graduates
Whether you are planning to pursue a career within the psychology profession or wondering how best to apply the skills you have gained during your psychology studies to another vocation, this practical book will help you to explore the many avenues open to you.Based on a survey of over 400 UK psychology graduates, What to do with your Psychology Degree provides real life information on some of the many occupations and careers open to psychology graduates, ranging from jobs in health, therapy and education to private sector roles in marketing, public relations or the media. By encouraging readers to think laterally about their transferable skills, the authors outline 60 career profiles that are directly and indirectly related to the discipline of psychology. For each occupation the book outlines:The main tasks and challenges involvedPersonality attributes that are suited to the jobSkills neededFurther training and qualifications that may be required Voluntary work placement, part-time, and casual job opportunitiesLinks to websites with further information including current vacanciesFor any psychology graduate, this book is the most practical resource available on career choices; whether you are embarking on your first job or looking for a change of career, this book is essential reading.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill
- ISBN-13: 9780335222223
- ISBN: 0335222226
- Publication Year: 2008