Wheels Of Grace
Grace Dannings has lived her entire young life in the safe and idyllic Dartmoor village of Walkhampton, working as a maid at a farm within sight of her own humble family home. Her only wish is that nothing will ever change in her contented, happy existence. But it is May 1914 and the village is alive with talk of the situation in Europe. When war breaks out, its ugly tentacles reach everyone in the village, leaving no one untouched among Grace's family, neighbors and friends.Grace sees it as her duty to step into the breach wherever she is needed, beginning with the wheelwrights at the heart of the village. Grappling with her own anguish and loss, she later discovers supreme fulfilment in a new vocation, but at what personal cost? A poignant, sensitive and intensely moving account of one village's war, and the endurance of those who waited at home for news of their loved ones.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Robert Hale Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780719808562
- ISBN: 0719808561
- Publication Year: 2013