Wild Animals I Have Known
"Wild Animals I Have Known" by Ernest Thompson Seton is a stirring account of the lives of eight wild animals, including Lobo (the king of Currumpaw), Silverspot (a crow), Raggylug (a cottontail rabbit), Bingo (a dog), a fox, a mustang; Wully (a yaller dog), and Redruff (a partridge). Seton's ability to identify with the wildlife he studied and write touching, exciting mini-dramas is enhanced by his role as an observer who did not inject himself as a foreign influence in their lives. "Wild Animals I have Known" is a wonderful collection of stories about animals and their fascinating ways that touches the hearts of young and old. There are no happy endings in this book, because the moral is that animals always die tragic deaths. But if you want to learn the laws of nature and better understand animals and their ways, the accounts hunter-trapper Ernest Thompson Seton, as shared in "Wild Animals I Have Known," will reward you with hours of enchanted reading.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781450580373
- ISBN: 1450580378
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: ILL