Directed by Ray Taylor, Starring Ray Taylor, Roscoe Ates, Rychard Cramer, William Fawcett, I. Stanford Jolley, Charles Jordan, Lee Roberts, Peggy Wynne, Eddie Dean, Douglas Fowley, Henry Hall, Flash, Sunshine Boys, Forrest MatthewsWritten by Ray Taylor, Roscoe Ates, Rychard Cramer, William Fawcett, I. Stanford Jolley, Charles Jordan, Lee Roberts, Peggy Wynne, Eddie Dean, Douglas Fowley, Henry Hall, Flash, Sunshine Boys, Forrest Matthews
The country in this low-budget Eddie Dean Western from PRC isn't so much wild as it is familiar. Dean is assigned to bring in escaped convict Rif Caxton (I. Stanford Jolley), whose trademark is a polka dot hatband. The bandit is holed up in Silver Springs, where he frames Sheriff Bill Devery (Steve Clark) in a stage robbery and murder -- basically to teach the aged lawman a lesson -- and then shoots him down in cold blood. Eddie, meanwhile, passes off sidekick Soapy Jones (Roscoe Ates) as Caxton -- with the expected results. The real Caxton aligns himself with a nasty gambling establishment owner (Douglas Fowley) and his lackey, the new sheriff (Lee Robert). None of these gentlemen, however, is any match for Eddie, who can count to six and knows when the opposition's gun is empty. In between making Silver Springs a safer place for heroine Martha Devery (Peggy Wynne), Dean performs his own and Hal Blair's "Wild Country" as well as Peter Gates' "Saddle With a Golden Horn" and "Ain't No Gal Got a Brand on Me," the latter with the Sunshine Boys. Hans J. Wollstein, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Films Around The World Inc.
- UPC: 889290047427
- Region: Region [unknown]