Wild Thing: Backcountry Tales And Trails
Wild Thing is a latent spirit that lures the author into the mountain backcountry of Idaho. Over the next forty-five years he rides some 8,000 miles by horse and mule, paddles 4,000 miles of whitewater, and snowshoes and skis 2,500 miles in pristine wilderness. Join him on adventures and humorous mishaps as he runs wild rivers, hunts big game, and challenges an Idaho governor. Learn how to handle rattlesnakes, survive overnight in the mountains at ten below zero, make dandelion wine, stock fish from an airplane, and construct a camp latrine with a heated seat. Discover the mystery of floating rocks and the utility of moonshine whiskey. Enjoy recipes for beer pancakes and elk jerky. And experience the peculiar embarrassment of frying the state record trout for breakfast.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Washington State Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780874221824
- ISBN: 087422182X
- Publication Year: 1999