Wings And Other Recollections Of Early Hollywood: Narrated By Richard Arlen To Maxine Koolish And Edited By Judy Watson
Film buffs will be thrilled by this memoir of Hollywood movie star Richard Arlen as told to Maxine Koolish and edited by her daughter, Judy Watson.The silent World War I film, Wings, set the standard for aviation movies with its realistic sequences and was the first-ever winner of the Academy Award for Best Picture. Arlen played a starring role in this enduring classic and in the Western talkie,The Virginian, another film that forever changed the way movies would be made. Having been center stage during the golden age of film, Dick Arlen provides an unparalleled look inside the world of Hollywood filmmaking in this fascinating book. Wings and Other Recollections of Early Hollywood is based on the collection of photographs, books, letters, manuscripts, tapes, and diaries discovered by Judy Watson among her mother's things after she died. Maxine Koolish had been by Dick's side during the thirteen years leading up to his death in 1976. A born chronicler and storyteller, Maxine served as the aging matinee idol's biographer.Now, you can share in the exciting experience of film history in the making!
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781507552384
- ISBN: 1507552386
- Publication Year: 2015