Wit And Wisdom In Morocco: A Study Of Native Proverbs
First published in 1930, this is the final of Edward Westermarck's trilogy of titles that explore the society, culture and customs of Morocco. Compiled from years of personal research and interviews conducted with local people, this collection of native proverbs addresses such cultural and ideological concepts as marriage and family, hospitality, goodness and arrogance, as well as sayings relating to certain periods, agriculture and weather. With a detailed introductory essay from Westermarck, this is a fascinating work that will provide invaluable insight for students and those with a general interest in Moroccan and North African history and anthropology.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780415726177
- ISBN: 0415726174
- Publication Year: 2015
- Edition: Reissue