Word Wars provides a compelling peek into the lives of four Scrabble competitors as they make their way to the 2001 national tournament and a chance at winning $25,000. In their four eccentric subjects, directors Eric Chaiken and Julian Petrillo show the awe-inspiring level of skill and single-mindedness necessary to making a living on the tournament circuit. Despite their differences, tai chi devotee Joe Edley (three-time tournament champion), stand-up comedian Matt Graham, gastrointestinally challenged Joel Sherman, and pot-smoking philanderer Marlon Hill all share an obsessive drive to win, along with unquestionably superior logic skills.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Anchor Bay Entertainment
- UPC: 013131302899
- Region: Region [unknown]