World History Of Design: World War I To World War Ii
This is the second volume of the World History of Design, the definitive historical account of global design by pre-eminent design scholar Victor Margolin. The second volume covers the period between World War I and II, when mass production and mass communication spread to most parts of the world. There are also focused accounts of design in particular places and in particular periods during this period, among these topics are the relations between art and industry in Germany between 1890 and 1914; the avant-gardes in Eastern Europe, 1917-1930; design in the Weimar Republic, 1918-1933; and the consultant designers in the United States, 1929-1939. This richly illustrated volume contains over 490 images, with over 80 in full colour.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Academic
- ISBN-13: 9781350012738
- ISBN: 1350012734
- Publication Year: 2017